Single user ionic detox foot bath systems allow you to experience the natural health benefits of negative ions. Ionic detox works by splitting water up into its various possible components. Through the process known as electrolysis in which a direct electrical current is applied to the water, it is split into oxygen, hydrogen, electrons or different combinations of these. But the core benefit of electrolysis that we are interested in is the formation of the hydrogen anion (or a hydrogen atom with an extra electron attached to it). Why? To understand this, we need to realize that with ionic detox, we’re fighting against excess free radicals in the body. Free radicals are unstable chemicals formed in the body during normal metabolism or exposure to environmental toxins in our air, food and water. Free radicals generate energy and fight infections, but when we have too many free radicals, they attack healthy cells causing them to age prematurely. These free radicals are positively charged. They have lost an electron, making them extremely unstable and reactive. Free radicals can be toxic because they rupture bonds in cells’ biomolecules and leave the biomolecules missing an electron, thereby becoming a new free radical. It’s a chain reaction. Several diseases, including certain forms of cancer, may be attributable to free radicals. Once the negative hydrogen ions are introduced via ionic detox through the 4,000+ large pores in the feet and are circulated throughout the body, they act as antioxidants, which means they lose electrons easily. It is this process that neutralizes free radicals. Negative hydrogen ions act as supercharged free radical scavengers. After free radicals are neutralized, they can be moved out of the tissues through osmosis, and the body’s natural detoxification process can more easily eliminate them through urination, defecation and perspiration. Thus we see that ionic detox helps the body’s normal detoxification processes to operate more effectively.
Ionic detox has been known to:
- Remove toxins, free radicals and body waste products that can cause health problems (In an Aug. ’04 study by Carlos A. Lopez-Moreno, MD, there was a significant deposit of urea, creatinine and glucose in the foot basin in 12 patients with chronic illnesses.)
- In a 2008 study by Center for Research Strategies, 31 participants underwent ionic detox two times per week for 12 weeks. The amount of aluminum and arsenic in their blood was measured before and after the 12 weeks. The average blood aluminum level decreased by 46% from 79.8 ppb (parts per billion) to 43.1 ppb. The average blood arsenic level decreased 24% from 4.6 ppb to 3.5 ppb.
- In a 2002 study by Doctor’s Data in St. Charles, IL, there was an average increase in toxic metals found in the foot basin from nine independent sessions. Here is a list of metals that increased in concentration: Copper: 905%, Aluminum 339%, Lead 233%, Iron 174%, Manganese 140%, Antimony 128%, Cadmium 119%
- Raise pH levels. Approximately 95% of people experience a state of acidity in which their blood pH is lower than 7.45, indicating an excess of hydrogen ions. This makes an ideal breeding ground for worms, parasites, microorganisms and other critters that lower body function and cause disease.
- Inactivate viruses, bacteria, yeast and fungus
- Relieve pain and tension including headaches
- Purify the blood and lymph
- Increase peripheral circulation
- Stimulate and balance the immune system
- Enhance nutrient absorption
- Reduce inflammation and unwanted fluid retention
- Help clear up skin
- Assist in weight loss
- Slow down aging and improve body flexibility
- Quicken recovery time from disease or injury
- Increase oxygen in the body
- Rejuvenate and energize your whole body
- Improve sleep